The first of the monarchs staying here was Catherine II during her travel to Taurida in 1787. In 1789–1790 one of the palace wings was used as an auditorium for public theatrical performances and later, in 1812, served as an infirmary for the French captives. According to one of the versions, the palace was named in honour of the wife of Tsar Alexander II of Russia, Empress Maria who in 1874 laid out a regular park in English style (8.9ha) on the spot of the former parade-ground.
Kiev region, 5A Mykhayla Hrushevskogo St, Kyiv
50.448326 | 30.537448