The basic erection of buildings in the street was carried out in the late 19th-early 20th centuries. Many outstanding personalities are closely associated with Andriyivsky Uzviz. In the building at #13 (1888) the family of A.Bulgakov, Professor of the Kyiv Theological Academy, resided. In the 1910s here, in the famous “Turbins’ House”, a celebrated writer M.Bulgakov spent his youth and wrote The Master and Margarita. After the restoration in 1989-1991, the house became the Literary and Memorial Museum of M.Bulgakov. Nearby is the monument to the writer (1). The house at #15, built in 1902-1904, got the name “Castle of Richard the Lion-Hearted”. In 1905-1907 a prominent Ukrainian choir conductor and composer O.Koshitz lived in a rented apartment in the house at #22. And in the five-storied building at #34 (1900-1901) resided a talented Ukrainian prose writer Hr.Tyutyunnyk. At the bottom of the street, two big former rental houses at #2 and at #2-b in art nouveau (1910-1915) will attract your attention. The house at #2-b now is known as The One Street Museum dedicated to the history of Andriyivsky Uzviz. General reconstruction of the street was carried out in the early 1980s. In 1983 a wooden staircase (133 steps) was built between Andriyivsky Uzviz and Zamkova Hill.
In 1999, at the top of the street, opposite St. Andrew’s Church, was installed a sculptural composition “Pronia Prokopovna and Svyryd Golokhvastov” featuring the main characters of the film Za Dvoma Zaytsiamy (meaning “killing two birds with one stone”) after the play by Mykhailo Starytsky. Their roles in the film (1961) were played by unforgettable film stars, Margarita Krinitsina and Oleg Borisov.
Information is used from the resource visitkyiv.travel